Ok, I put a post on my Facebook feed and now everyone is asking for the recipe so here it is:
Ingredients: 2/12 lbs organic carrots, garlic several cloves, 1 to 2 large jalapeño peppers, 1/2 large onion
2 Tbs Celtic Sea Salt
4 cups spring water (tap water has chlorine and a bunch of other junk in it that will kill the process of fermentation)
Materials Needed: sharp knife, peeler, large bowl 2-quart wide-mouth mason jar and a top fermentor (check out Jim’s Jar Top Fermenter online)
1. Prepare 4 cups of salt brine by resolving 2Tbs of Celtic Sea Salt in Spring Water
2.Cut carrots, dice or chop garlic, and slice onion
3. Pack the dry ingredients into the jar and shake so the carrots and other ingredients settle
4. Do not over fill. The carrots should go to just under the neck of the jar
5. Pour salt brine over the ingredients.
6. Place a fermenter lid on top (follow the directions for the lid)
7. Store in a cool place for at least 4 days (65-75 degrees) Basements and fruit rooms are good for this. After 4 days you can start eating them. They don’t last long at my house.